Thursday, March 12, 2009

Cyclocross and Donuts


Bike Comrades....

I discovered this last night: MFG Cyclocross.
New ‘cross series scheduled for this fall. Zac dude involved with it also runs CBS. No, not the television network - a high end custom and fit shop here in Seattle. He’s also worked for Seven Cycles and apparently custom fitted a few zillion people.

As if you don't know - Seven is a high end production shop in Massachusetts that spawned off Merlin, which spawned off the birth of Fat City Cycles (R.I.P.) – which morphed into Independent Fabrications. The Boston area is a hotbed of bike manufacturing for the East Coast. Wicked, huh? Maybe you didn't know.

I also saw Zac guy race ‘cross at Marymoor one year – complete with friends heckling him on every lap. I don’t personally know these folk, just know who they are – sorta like a crazed stalker. If the group of people are any indication of what the upcoming series will be like – should be fun.

I’ve been incredibly lame riding myself. It’s been well over a week since turning a pedal. I am however eating like I’m riding, so I’m fueling up for the next commute. Top Pot donuts currently are the training food of choice, so I’m ready to fly.

Burp.

No comments:

Post a Comment