Monday, March 30, 2009

Rock Around the Clock


I am lame.  Due to work, family, weather and other reasons - including allergies that are killing me this spring - I've barely ridden a bike in over two weeks.  Well, outside anyway - excluding a cruise around the neighborhood over the weekend.

I have however hit the trainer in the garage a few times.  This usually occurs after the family has settled in - so, ah - 10:00 PM or so.  The other night it was 11:00 PM - 12:00 AM on the trainer.  Yeah - then try to sleep afterwards.  Climb off the thing soaked with sweat, ears ringing from iPod set to stun.  Perfect way to wind down before bed.

Today's torture session was a little early, 9:30 PM - 10:30 PM.  As I'm spinning along on my old RB-1, mounted on a 1980s era Supergo wind trainer, sitting in a cluttered garage, sweating away with the Ramones blasting in my ears - wonder how many other 47 year old guys are doing the same thing.

Must be at least 3 other idiots somewhere in the world rocking around the clock with me.

Then again, maybe not....

2 comments:

  1. Dan, GREAT blog, glad we found some common ground here. I may be hitting you up for some mountain bike advise in the near future, Ill be heading to Marty's (on Speedwell Ave) for some new wheels. Thanks for all your encouragement on my blog. best wishes, Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob,

    Thanks for checking out my blog. I'm just a hack really - it's fun though. Feel free to hit me up for any bike advice.

    Good luck on the marathon training - looking forward to your updates - as well as your usual interesting stories and great photos. It's a great way for me to visit New Jersey without airline tickets and taking my shoes off for security.

    You can take the boy outta Jersey, but you can't take Jersey outta the boy. Check yourself for ticks and have a slice of pizza for me.

    Keep your blog cranking and pictures snapping for the Daily Record.

    Thanks - Dan

    ReplyDelete