Sunday, November 15, 2009

Some Inspiration From Italy


This is Cuccuini Libero, 88 years young, photographed at the L'Erocia ride in Italy. You gotta love seeing people like this - I do anyway. Gives me hope that I have many, many more riding years ahead of me.

It's also a glimpse into the cycling culture that exists in Italy, that I'd love to experience one day. Hopefully before I'm 88 years old. Even if it takes that long, I'd hope to ride as well as Cuccuini.

I grabbed this off Italian Cycling Journal, one of the many blogs that I follow - great blog. Take a peek yourself.

Ciao.

3 comments:

  1. L'Erocia that's not retro that's old, old school. I think it's cool that they have period bikes and gear. That must cost a mint!

    Cuccuini must have lived a life of wine, wild Italian women and hard riding to still be kicking it today on a bike.Okay maybe the hard riding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of guys like him here in Rome.

    It's the food, the riding and the weather. Women are bad for your cycling... ;-)

    Nice blog, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't see many 88 year olds riding in the U.S. I'm hoping to start that trend - many years from now....

    Thanks for checking out my little ol' blog.

    ReplyDelete